We had to attend to several matters of business at different times yesterday - settle accounts if paying in cash, retrieve our passports (8-10 pm), return safe keys (or pay a 100 euro fee), and set out checked luggage by midnight. I packed yesterday afternoon so only had a few things to take care of last night. I broke out the second hand bag that I had packed. I used the bubble wrap to protect various breakable items and then carefully placed them in that second bag. There is a little room for a couple of more items :)
Our ship docked at Pireas at 5:30 this morning. No passports or customs checks were requested when we docked (we'd already passed through passport control before we boarded the ship for the cruise). Our lovely guide, Andy, met us at the airport. There are no porters. So, we had to drag our luggage a block away in order to meet up with the bus. I had a feeling traffic was going to be ever present in this city. Andy has been a tour guide for over 30 years. She's all business. I like that. She always has pertinent comments that provide an insider flavor to our experiences.
Scenic Drive through Downtown
Temple of Zeus
Parliament and the Changing of the Guard
Acropolis
Partheon
Mars' Hill
Archeological Museum
An Overview of Greek Sculpture
Santorini Archeology
I'm caught up again. Dad didn't think you had posted anything but you had. Lovely flowers from Todd. I'll open your gift tomorrow. Dinner with Jane. Thomas and Tamara in new house. Taelyn CUTE
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great day! I'm glad! :) See you tomorrow.
ReplyDelete