Where I'm headed: Spain & Portugal
Type of trip: Personally arranged to include a couple of specialty activities
Tour title: Andrea's Anywhere You Want To Go Trip (AYWTG). Read previous "background" posts to get the full story on the AYWTG trips.
Number of people on tour: 2
Tour length: 18 days. It was either fly home on day 13 or extend to 18.
When: Summer 2010
A BIT ABOUT ME
Do I know Spanish? Un poquito. I took Spanish in Junior High, High School and College. I would say my understanding of what I read is better that my listening skills. My speaking skills are sorely lacking.
Do I know Portuguese? No. I try to learn a few words wherever I travel. Pantomiming has helped many times. In a pinch, I draw. Typically, in Europe, it all works out.
Do I know Catalan? No. I discovered in Barcelona, they prefer to speak English rather than Spanish. SCORE!
When was the AYWTG Trip first discussed? Susan was 5 and Andrea was freshly minted
Will I adopt you as a niece/nephew? If this is about going on an Anywhere You Want to Go Trip, then no. I've "adopted" some additional nieces and nephews, but they don't get a trip. Sorry.
Have you been to Spain before? Yes, with a Sharon Carr Travel tour that was marketed by KVIL (a local radio station). I went on that trip with my friend, Annette Williams.
Have you been to Portugal before? No. This is my first trip there.
Who is Kelly? Andrea's dad and my brother in law. He told me that Andrea did not have permission to bring back anyone we met in Spain or Portugal. You will see references to this during the blog.
![]() |
| Stacy and Andrea |

No comments:
Post a Comment