Saturday, July 19, 2014

2. Why This Trip?

Susan's Choice
It's Susan's 18th birthday "Anywhere You Want To Go" trip. She and I had concocted this when she was five years old. It was interesting to ask the girls through the years where would go if we left THAT day.
As I recall, Susan wanted to go to the beach and see Venice and Rome. She loved to shop. She really wasn't into doing a ton of museum stops. She was about to try out for the volleyball team at Florida College and any activities (walking or hiking) would be help keep her in shape.

New To Me
Many of the cities were new to me.
Sperlonga: A little community I found online on the Blue Coast for our beach time.
Ferrera: A necessity since Fashion Week was coming to Florence and we were being kicked out of our B&B
Venice: I had been curious but it had never be "on the path" during my first 3 trips to Italy
Udine: On the docket because there was a congregation there

Been There Done That
Actually one of the criteria for the AYWTG trip is that I've been to that country before or understand the traveling rules in that country. Therefore, it's no surprise that I've been to: Rome & Florence.

One of my favorite pictures from the trip

No comments:

Post a Comment